- Register to obtain physical, remote/digital, or mail-in access approval.
- Set-up Your ANL Domain Account:
- First Time Users: Upon approval of your registration form, you will receive a separate email to set-up an ANL domain account. The email will come from <firstname.lastname@example.org> with a subject line: SET UP YOUR ARGONNE DOMAIN ACCOUNT. Follow the instructions provided in that email.
- Returning Users Activate/Reactive ANL Domain Account:
- My APS Portal. A personalize link to access all user platforms (registration, proposals, ESAFS, NoMachine, training, gate pass requests, etc.).
- Submit a proposal.
- Establish a legal agreement between APS and your home institution, if one is not already in place (required for all users).
- Establish a user account, if one is needed, by setting up a purchase order to pay for supplies and services or for proprietary beam time.
After you are awarded beam time...
- Complete all training.
- Arrange for delivery and return of samples/materials.
- Complete an Experiment Safety Assessment Form (ESAF) for your experiment.
- Download APS Phone Application.
- Notify APS of your off-hours arrival (after 5:00 pm work days and on weekends).
DETAILED SITE ACCESS RULES FOR ARGONNE can be found here.
- All users and visitors must go the Argonne Information Center (AIC) upon arrival to Argonne and during regular business hours, to show proof of vaccination, an exemption letter, COVID testing results or to pick-up a site access credential.
- Site access can only be granted to users identified as onsite users on approved Experiment Safety Assessment Forms (ESAFs), or if a Gate Pass is requested and processed by the User Program Office. Visit the My APS Portal to request a Gate Pass or email email@example.com.
- Users conducting experiments who have the potential of arriving after hours on weekdays, weekends, holidays, or during Laboratory shutdown periods must notify the APS User Program Office in advance by entering a Gate Pass request in My APS Portal or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 4:00 pm US Central Time on a given workday.
- Always bring appropriate identification.
- If there is a justifiable need to have a family member(s)/significant other visit the Argonne site with you, they will need to request approval by registering as APS visitors .
- PLEASE NOTE: A reservation at the Argonne Guest House does not include access to Argonne.
After you have completed your experiment...
- Complete an End of Experiment form (EEF); experiment spokesperson receives instructions.
- Acknowledge the APS and the beamline in any resulting publications.
- Notify APS of publications resulting from APS data.
Questions/help via email: email@example.com.
The U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science (SC), which is the primary sponsor of APS, requires that a limited set of information relating to your user project/experiment be transmitted to SC at the conclusion of the current fiscal year. A subset of this information, including your name, institutional affiliation(s), and project title(s), will be publicly disseminated as part of an SC user facility user projects/experiments database on the SC website, http://science.osti.gov, after the conclusion of the fiscal year. For proprietary projects, SC requests that the user provide a project title that is suitable for public dissemination.