Attendees: Bruce Glagola, Tom Barkalow, Bruno Fieramosca, Clay White, Nena Moonier,
Wendy VanWingeren, Shane Flood, and Patti Pedergnana
- The lab’s injury rates have been increasing.Tom discussed some personnel injuries in the last month.
- All machine shop saw guarding will be looked at by the lab.Elroy is looking at the APS’ guarded saws.
- The lab is looking at situational awareness, safety of the mundane.Paul Rossi and Jim Lang have an All Hands presentation to be given at the APS User’s Monthly Meeting.
- XSD may claim Bruce and Nena’s offices in 431Z.
- John Sampson, chair of the ESSH committee for the Board of Governors at the University of Chicago, will be on-site to review the APS’ safety program next week.
- Bruce may change the APS-MBA from AES-1 to APS-1.
- Bruno is calibrating ODH and other hard-mounted monitors.
- 6-BM wants to change their B station crane to support 3000 lbs.Tecknit will not certify a crane for more than 2000 lbs.Tecknit engineers may review the crane.
- Nena is going to be on a conference call in place of Dan Schumaker about certain bio-safety agents that are of a higher level.
- Deana Kinzler needs updates on end dates for proprietary experiments.
- Sector 13 will have Scheck working to flip an electrical panel in their 434A020 laser lab.
- Sector 14 will have a CCWP posted for CARS to work on their 14-ID-A-P-01 shutter.The procedure is approved and authorization memo is in ICMS.It was agreed that the authorization memo could be used for CCWP approvals.
- Sector 15 wants to set up a portable clean room downstream of 15-ID-A.Bruce and Tom approved the installation as long as the clean room is on wheels and there is no power hard-wired to the clean room.
- The Joliet Junior College machine shop certifier will return on September 18th and again on September 25th.