Experimental Physics and
The United States ITER (U.S. ITER) Project Office invites applications for a Senior Technical Officer for CODAC – CODAC & IT, H & CD and Diagnostics / CODAC & IT. ITER is an international fusion experiment which holds the promise of leading to an abundant, environmentally benign, and economical energy source. ITER will enable study of a fusion powered "star on earth", where the same energy source that drives the sun and other stars is reproduced and controlled for sustainable power.
The US ITER Project Office is collecting all US nominations and working with the Department of Energy in preparing the US nominations at the Director General Nominee’s request. The International ITER Team will review candidates nominated by all the ITER parties and make a final selection. The successful candidate will ideally report for work to ITER International in Cadarache, France beginning fall 2007.
The candidate will be responsible for taking the present conceptual outline of the ITER Control, Data Access and Communications system (CODAC) and develop it into an engineering design appropriate for handling the integration of 90-120 Plant Systems procured “in-kind” around the world. He/ she will interact with the ITER Project team to understand their requirements and will be responsible for outsourcing the major part of the work required. He /she will facilitate the CODAC group to develop its own systems for handling the data from Plant Systems, controlling them and providing access to these data to the research community. CODAC interfaces to feedback control of the fusion plasma, to protection of investment systems and to safety systems.
The candidate will also supervise and lead the computing technology effort required for the CODAC implementation of the project. The safety and interlock system will also be candidate’s responsibility. Plasma control and feedback activity for ITER will also be supervised, planned and controlled by the candidate.
• Revise of the ITER CODAC Design Documentation.
• Collaborate with interested Participating Teams to produce a consensual design.
• The targets are a first review of ITER CODAC by fusion experts and a second review by non-fusion experts.
• Structure various activities related to CODAC.
• Organize and plan maintenance and development of network and software infrastructure required for CODAC.
• Document and Content Management for CODAC activity.
• Support effective risk identification and management.
• Identify and initiate actions on interfaces with other ITER Departments / Divisions / Sections.
• Maintains a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of ITER values and ethics.
Qualifications and Experience:
• The successful candidate will have at least 15 years of practical experience in a research environment and a Ph. D. degree in science or engineering. He / she should have led an experimental control group, planning and management of the group activities. The candidate should have experience of integrating and commissioning physics projects of this type.
• Good working knowledge of spoken and written English is essential.
• An ability to work in an international environment should be demonstrated.
To learn more and apply, go to https://erie.ornl.gov/iter_ddgs/DDG_Solicitation.cfm and select Senior Technical Officer for CODAC – CODAC & IT, H & CD and Diagnostics / CODAC & IT (CHD-003).
Sr. Technical Recruiter
|ANJ, 10 Nov 2011||
· EPICSv4 · IRMIS · Talk · Bugs · Documents · Links · Licensing ·