Beamline Controls and Data Acquisition Software
The following list represents the Beamline support software pages maintained by the BCDA Group.
- synApps: Beamline-control and Data-acquisition componets for EPICS
- autosave: Support for saving PV values through an ioc reboot
- calc: Device for run-time expression evaluation, and other calculations
- ebrick: EPICS Brick
- ip: Device support and databases for some serial IndustryPack devices
- love: Love serial digital controllers
- motor: Motor support
- optics: Support for x-ray optics
- sscan: Support for moving positioners, triggering detectors, acquiring and storing data
- std: Miscellaneous support
- vme: Device support and databases for some VME devices
- xxx: Sample user application, which builds, loads, and runs software from all synApps modules.
- SPEC: Collection of SPEC macros distributed by BCDA
- Data Acquisition: CCD Support
- Data Visualization: tools used at the APS beamlines
- Java Channel Access: JCA Unsupported Distribution
- MEDM Replacement:
MEDM has been the main EPICS GUI at the APS since initial operations in the early 1990s, satisfying an objective to provide a controls interface similar to an automobile dashboard. For a growing list of reasons, it is time to replace MEDM. Three viable successors have been identified to replace MEDM: caQtDM,CSS BOY, and epicsQt. A period of testing and feedback involving the users (APS beam lines and Main Control Room) is necessary to identify which of these will be chosen as the successor EPICS GUI for the APS.
APS PV Information
EPICS Naming Convention