A Casual Introduction to Least-squares Fitting: A [mostly] descriptive approach
- Introduce linear algebra notation, show how it is used for least-squares
minimization and explore some of the strengths and weaknesses of least-squares.
Particular emphasis is made on understanding how parameter correlation occurs
and its effect on fitting.
- Format: PDF slides or a RealPlayer video of the slides with
- Linear Algebra: a cheap intro
- Least-Squares Minimization
- Least-square's weakness: Correlation
- Uncertainty estimation for fitted parameters
- Resistance: one bad point can do you in