Current Users: APS Portal Log-in
Welcome to the new APS User Portal, which will serve as your primary access gateway. From the portal, you can update your biographical information, check in to let us know the arrival /departure times for your next visit, review the status of your required training and update it remotely, ensure that your access permission is current, sign a user agreement acknowledgement form, and send messages to the User Office and your beamline contact. In addition, you can go directly to the Beam Time Access System or Experiment Safety Assessment System without another log-in. Additional features will be added to this portal in the future.
New Users: Registration and New User Process Overview
- Register with the APS User Office and receive approval to enter Argonne. (For non-U.S. citizens, special requirements apply and extra time is needed). Upon registration you will be given an APS badge number, which you will need in step 2.
- Apply for beam time.
- Establish a legal agreement between the sponsoring institution and Argonne National Laboratory to cover the research.
- Establish a user account to pay for supplies and services, or proprietary beam time (if necessary.)
- Arrange for delivery of samples/materials prior to your arrival.
- Complete required safety documentation for your experiment, in advance.
- Complete all required training. Once training is complete, you will receive a badge, which will allow you to enter Argonne at any time.
Additional steps may be required if you will access the APS through a Collaborative Access Team (CAT) or Partner User group. If so, contact that organization for additional information specific to its facilities.