- March 28th Abstracts (posters and talks)
- April 1st Registration for non-U.S.citizens
- April 15th Housing reservations
Registration without late fee
- Carol Thompson, APS Chair
- Samuel Bader, CNM Chair
- Julie Cross (APS)
- Stephan Ginell (APS)
- Thomas Gog (APS)
- Jörg Maser (APS/CNM)
2005 Compton Award
Günter Schmahl and
Janos Kirz received the 2005 Compton Award for "pioneering and developing the field of x-ray microscopy using Fresnel zone plates."
APS Student Poster Prizes
- Anthony Escuadro, Northwestern University, "XSW Imaging of Submonolayer Vanadium Oxides on alpha-Fe2O3(0001)"
- Jeremy Robinson, University of California, Berkeley, "Metal-induced Assembly of a Semiconductor-Island Lattice: Ge Islands on Au-patterned Si"
- Marcus Young, Northwestern University, "Internal Strain Measurements in Ultrahigh-Carbon Steels"
CNM Student/Post-Doc Poster Prizes
- First place: Amanda Barnard, Argonne National Laboratory, "Towards Multiscale Modelling of Nano-morphology"
- Second place:
Brian Reiss, Argonne National Laboratory, "Identification of Biological Ligands for Ferroelectric Materials"
- Third place:
Jodi O’Donnell, Northwestern University, "
Solution Phase Structural Analysis of Supramolecular Assemblies by High Angle Molecular Diffraction"