Report of XFD Inspections:
Sector 7 Beamline Safety Inspection Report
Fri, 08 Aug 2003 11:14:17 -0500
"Eric M. Dufresne"
Jin Wang , Efim Gluskin , Jeffrey Alicz , Lisa Gades , "Diane M. Morgan"
Division: XFD Location: Sector 7 Beamlines
Date of Inspection: 8/6/03
Inspected by: Efim Gluskin & Jeff Alicz
The following items were identified as needing corrective action:
1. The XFD Division Office would like the current partitions that are
located along the beamline area (see Image 001) to be replaced with
partitions similar to those found in sectors 1-4 (see Image 002).
Please contact the XFD Division Director to discuss funding for this
2. The cables located inside electrical cabinets throughout the sector
should be rerouted through the top of the cabinets and a door placed on
the rear of the cabinets (example: see Image 003).
3. Some electrical cables were identified as potential tripping hazards
throughout the sector (examples: see Images 004 & 005). Such cables
should either be taped to the floor or have a cable bridge installed
4. A chain should be installed across the front of the metal stock rack
(see Image 006).
5. Cable management needs to be improved throughout the sector
(examples: see Images 007, 008, & 009).
Last updated by Eric Dufresne