Integrated Safety Management (ISM)
Seven Principles of ISM
Five Functions of ISM
"Define the Scope of Work"
- Is the work clearly defined? Authorized?
- Do I know how to do the job?
- Do I have the proper equipment? Support?
- Have there been problems with tasks like this?
- What are the hazards of the job?
- What can go wrong?
- Has the job been reviewed by a qualified person?
- Are all the necessary controls in place? (LOTO, PPE, Procedures etc.)
- Do I know what the controls are, and how to use them?
- What if something unexpected goes wrong?
- Has the system responded as expected?
- How do I know?
- When will I call for assistance or stop work?
- Was the planning adequate?
- Were there surprises?
- Are there better ways to do the work?
- Was I properly trained?
- Did I see anything that needs attention?
ISM Day, March 10, 2010 - Presentations
ISM Day, June 6, 2008 - Presentations
For more information please see the Argonne Integrated Safety Management website.
Page updated: March 15, 2010