Helpful links for materials transport, safety, etc. relating to experiment safety at the APS.
Internal Reference Material:
- Transporting Hazardous Materials
- "Natural" radioactivity
- DOT Small Quantity Exception to Hazardous Material Transport
- Air shipments of cryopreserved biological samples in dry-shippers
- Useful material shipping forms
- Institutional Review Board and Human Tissue use
- APS Beamline Guide to using the ANL Chemical Management System
- APS Protocol for Receipt of Hazardous Materials
- How to fill out the ANL 126C
- US Department of Transportation
- DOT Hazardous Materials Training Course Workbook. This link may be used as a reference and guide for shipping hazardous materials. This link is to a workbook. Reading this information DOES NOT mean that you are trained in Hazardous Materials Shipping. If you have any questions about shipping materials to/from the ANL/APS please contact your institution's shipping department or your CAT.
- International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- How to Use the Hazardous Materials Regulations CFR 49 Parts 100-185, a guide from the USDOT.
- Additional Guidance on the DOT Small Quantity Exception (from University of New Hampshire)
- APS DOT Small Quantity Exception class slides.
- DHL Prohibited and Restricted Commodities.
Please contact Bruce Glagola if you have any questions or comments about this page.
Reviewed and Updated: January 11, 2013