Technical Review Panels Charter
(20 September 2004)
The APS Technical Review Panels are groups of subject matter experts that will review projects as requested by APS Management or Design Review Steering Committees, and act as an APS resource for guiding best engineering values and practices.
Members appointed by the APS Division Directors.
Mechanical Technical Panel Current members:
John Noonan (Chair)
Pat Den Hartog
Electrical / Electronics Technical Panel current members:
John Carwardine (Chair)
Software Technical Panel current members:
John Maclean (Chair)
Conventional Construction Technical Panel current members:
John Sidarous (Chair)
The Panel will:
- Review projects and technical changes as requested by APS Management or technical Group Leaders:
- Ensure the highest technical standards of new designs and changes to technical equipment.
- Promote best engineering values and practice.
- Ensure technological feasibility of fabrication.
- Ensure customer input has been properly included in the design.
- Act as an APS resource for guiding best engineering values and practices.
4. Frequency of Meetings
Meetings will be triggered at the request of an APS Design Review Steering Committee, APS Divisional Management, or technical Group Leaders to review specific projects, or at the discretion of the panel chair.
The Panel Chair will provide timely written response and recommendations to the requestor and will maintain panel records (meeting minutes, reports, etc.) in the APS document management system.