Mission and Goals
The mission of the Advanced Photon Source (APS) is to deliver world-class science and technology by operating an outstanding synchrotron radiation research facility accessible to a broad spectrum of researchers.
- Operate a highly reliable third-generation synchrotron x-ray radiation source;
- Foster a productive environment for conducting research;
- Enhance the capabilities available to users of the APS facility;
- Assure the safety of the facility users and staff and the environment;
- Maintain an organization that provides a rewarding environment that fosters professional growth; and
- Optimize the scientific and technological contribution to the Department of Energy and society from research carried out at the APS.