APS Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC)
The SAC is responsible for advising the APS Associate Laboratory Director in the following areas:
- To evaluate the scientific output and facility utilization for all APS sectors.
- To examine performance and recommend appropriate beamtime allocation for existing Collaborative Access Teams (CATs).
- To evaluate Letters of Intent and scientific proposals for new and reconstituted CATs.
- To provide advice to and review decisions by APS management on special operations support for CATs.
- To review Special Program proposals, a new mode of access that will guarantee 10-30% the beam time per year on any sector for a finite period of time.
- To assist the APS with development of policies and other issues as appropriate.
Participants in the Scientific Advisory Committee.
Minutes and presentations from the SAC meetings.
2011 APS Scientific Advisory Committee
To comment on
the contents please contact:
Linda Carlson (firstname.lastname@example.org)