University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
1110 West Green Street
Urbana, IL 61801-3080
- Associate Professor, Physics Department, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 2005-present
- Affiliate, Frederick Seitz Materials Research Laboratory, 2005-present
- Scientific staff at Brookhaven National Laboratory, 2003-2005
- Postdoc in biophysics at Cornell University, 2001-2003
- University of Groningen in The Netherlands on an IRFAP fellowship from the National Science Foundation, 1999-2001
- Ph.D from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign/Bell Laboratories, 1999
- Xerox Award for Faculty Research (2010).
- Arnold O. Beckman Fellow, Center for Advanced Study (2008-2009).
- NSF Intl. Research Fellowship, 2000-2001
- List of professors rated "excellent" by their students: Fall 2010, Spring 2010, Spring 2009, Spring 2007
- Scientific Advisory Committee, Advanced Light Source, 2009-pres.
- Co-Director, Intermediate Energy X-Ray CDT, Sector 29, APS, 2008-pres.
- NSLS User Executive Committee, 2007-2008
- CHESS User Group Committee, 2004-2005
- Science Advisory Committee, Helmholz Center, FLASH, DESY, 2003-2006
- Advisory Committee, Sector 9, APS, 2003-pres.
- Electron self-organization in condensed matter, stripe phases, topological order; edge and interface effects in oxide devices; quantum phase transitions; collective excitations in interacting electron systems.
- If I were elected to the APSUO I would give the management ideas for how to improve the scientific focus of the APS and help it better engage the outside world.